Vision / Mission / Values
A community where people have wellness, acceptance and a sense of belonging.
As a leading, transformative and collaborative organization, AMHS-KFLA’s mission is to provide responsive, high-quality, community-based addiction and mental health services that empower the people it serves to be well and achieve their full potential.
A welcoming and inclusive organization, we cultivate relationships with all stakeholders that encourage and promote recovery and wellness. We are universally positive in all our actions with individuals served and the community.
We seek to innovate in all we do. We will be socially entrepreneurial and create a culture of measured risk to achieve organizational and system sustainability.
We strive to provide accessible, flexible, integrated services in safe welcoming environments. We have a learning culture where initiative, innovation, and creativity are highly valued. The foundation of our services rests on excellence in all that we do.
We will act honestly and with integrity by taking responsibility for our own actions and by holding others responsible for theirs. We will ensure proper stewardship of the public resources placed in our trust.
AMHS-KFLA’s 2016 Strategic Plan sets out 3 Strategic Directions for the agency
Lead and support system change:
- Embrace and create collaborations that lead to better outcomes for individuals and community
- Be generous with all resources
- Ensure alignment with best practices, funder goals and society trends
Create the ideal individual experience:
- People drive their services and determine their own recovery
- Service should be seamless in all stages of the recovery journey
- Services should be accessible, timely and responsive
To be a transformational organization that proudly contributes to a responsive addiction and mental health support system:
- A caring, confident and innovative workforce
- Create new sources of revenue to address service gaps and ensure service sustainability
- Passionate and articulate advocates